Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wk 8 EOC: Is She Fair Game?


I think the princess in the film we watched is fair game to say the least. Anybody is has the freedom of press, and people such as princesses and other royalty fall into the group of people that the press are most interested. There is no law against documenting reality. As a public figure you should already know and expect that you are being watched at all times. With that in mind whatever you do in public where others can see you is fair game for anyone who sees it. As far as emotions go, that is a different story entirely. The actor in the film had intent to use his opportunity to get the next best news story. After spending time with the princess, he lost sight of his work. He let his emotions get in the way of what he was set out to do. I liked the way that the film ended. I think it was a pretty clever way to wrap up everything in the end. I think in the end he realized that he was in the wrong doing what he was doing. Personally, I probably would have done the same thing if I were in the news reporter’s shoes. Choosing to not exploit her was probably the best decision. I think it was a fair way to end things for the fact that they took advantage of her. So yes, I would say that the princess or any royal family member is fair game.

No comments:

Post a Comment