Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wk 9 EOC: Where am I going to be when I'm 40?

I have a few years to go before I reach the big four oh. Before I get there I plan on accomplishing a lot. I’m talking about goals that I have been set out to overcome for as long as I can remember. I few years ago I would have never thought I would be in the position I am in now, excelling in a subject that is very dear to me. I have given endless amounts of time and dedication to get to the level I am at now. Imagining where I am going to be and what I am going to be doing is all a fantasy that I plan on turning into reality, and I know that to get there it will take even more amounts of effort and dedication. Over time it will all pay off. Personally, I would like to be settled with a few kids of my own, and happily married to the right person. I want a comfortable lifestyle that I have earned through my hard work as a professional. Professionally I would like to be at the top of my game. I strive on getting results that are unfamiliar to the eye, and by the time I reach forty I have hope that by then I will have made a reputation for myself as a genuine creative professional in my industry. Business wise I plan on being well off. I never know what the future holds. As the last months of my college experience approaches, business opportunities are all I think about. I know already that I don’t want to be in the freelance business of photography. I am going to be in a sort of business where I am employed. Having a steady paycheck, while doing basic personal freelance jobs here and there on the side is how I see myself making it in this business. I feel as if being raised in Las Vegas has a lot to do with who I am today and who I will be in the future. It’s safe to say that growing up in the city has influenced my perspective on business and individuality. With the city I from giving so much to me, all I want to do is give back to it one way or another. Las Vegas is filled with talent. The only bag thing about it is that a lot of it goes unrecognized. By age forty I wish to be planning on or already have an art gallery up and running. My goal is to have a gallery in the heart of the city that showcases every type of art imaginable. Not by just any artists though. My gallery will showcase original works of art from elementary school level to professional. In my years growing up here I have come to realize that our desert is just a melting pot of different people, with each person unique in a different way. My wish is to show the real talent, and diversity of artists throughout the valley that normally wouldn’t be accepted as “Gallery” material.

No comments:

Post a Comment