Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wk 10 Photo Challenge: Nothing



This challenge was probably the most simple challenge but yet the most had challenge we have had at the same time. Shooting nothing seems so easy, but how would I make nothing look good? This question ran through my mind constantly. I brainstormed different ideas on how to shoot something that is nothing at all. I tried a couple different ideas but nothing really appealed to me. I then decided I couldn’t just shoot anything. I would have to photograph something. This confused me for a while until I looked up. I was staring into the night sky one night while taking a break from my work. I than began to think that space and time…is nothing. It’s matter and we all know that it is there, but it is nothing that we can reach out and grab. Thinking like this brought me to the conclusion that I would photograph the sky. I wanted to add a little something extra to the image so I decided to go out when the moon looked full. I thought to myself that the moon is nothing as well. We can all see it and are aware of what it is, but when you think about it the moon is really nothing. It’s just a big ball of space rock floating alongside our planet. It consists different elements but nothing really at all. I pointed my camera into the night sky and shot the big ball of nothing surround by the never-ending amount of black nothing 

No comments:

Post a Comment