Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wk 10 EOC: Small Business Budget Spreadsheet

I thought this exercise to be very helpful. This was definitely a part of my business that I dreaded the most. Now with a little more insight to it all I feel more comfortable with this type of business material. I had some prior knowledge of Excel, but had not used it for this purpose before. It is a little much to take in all at once, but I think the way that it was described and presented in class was very clear and understandable. Of course we only scratched the surface of all of this finance work but I feel like I have a better understanding of it all. Using the program helped organize numerous numbers and math equations with ease. It was extremely helpful with adding, and subtracting different equations. I liked that it automatically adjust the information within the cells every time you make or add an adjustment to your spreadsheet. Having to do it all manually would cause an error if not many. The program prevents you from making the one mistake that could ruin it all. When working with numbers and money, I like knowing that I can rely on the program to handle everything smoothly and effectively. Excel lists your information in various colors that made it easy to find what I was looking for. It also colored certain numbers according to how a money situation is finically. The numbers of an equation will appear red to represent your loss of money, green for when you earn money. Using this helped me to organize the budget for my business currently, and for how I need to operate business in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment